Your account has a default setting on every account that enables applicants to "Apply with Indeed.com." What that means is any applicant that clicks on your job posting from Indeed.com and then clicks on Indeed's "Apply Now" button will be presented with a shortened version of the application web form that does not include any Form Builder application questions you created.
What are the pros and cons of leaving the "Apply with Indeed.com" feature enabled on your account?
- Enhances your Indeed.com listings
- Can increase applications from qualified candidates
- Makes it very easy for applicants to apply to your job
- Bypasses any Form Builder questions you have defined and other custom application options
- Applicants may not know to include a cover letter in their application
If you decide that you want to disable the "Apply with Indeed.com" feature, read on.
How To Disable The "Apply with Indeed.com" Feature
NOTE: Only users designated as Admin access level or Account Owner have the ability to make changes to your account settings. Need to make changes to your account settings but don't have the right permissions? Contact your company's Account Owner or another Admin level user to request a change to your access level. Not sure who your Account Owner is? Create a new support ticket and we'll tell you!
1. Click on Account Details from the drop down menu next to Your Account at the top right side of the page.
2. Scroll down to the Customize & Design section and click on the Applications button.
3. If you scroll down the page, you'll notice that the Apply with Indeed.com box is on. Toggle the button to off to disable it.
That's all you have to do! Once you have disabled the "Apply with Indeed.com" feature, applicants will be presented with any Form Builder questions you have created as well as any other custom application settings when they apply, even if they are applying from Indeed.com. If you decide you want to re-enable the "Apply with Indeed.com" feature, you may do so at any time by following the instructions below.
How To Re-enable The "Apply with Indeed.com" Feature
Follow the steps above, but turn the toggle switch ON in step 3.